“TEREM – HOLDING” EAD is the successor of the "Military Repair Bases and Plants" department within the Ministry of Defense; it was established in 1965 to satisfy the Bulgarian Army's needs for repair, modernization, and production of spare parts for armament and equipment.
In the 1980s, the product program of the military plants provided full-scale production and repair of the necessary weapons, ammunition, and means of communication for land combat.
In 1989, a program for restructuring and privatization of the defense industry was developed, which led to the establishment of the commercial company “TEREM” EAD, in accordance with the requirements of the market economy.
By Order No. 18 of the Council of Ministers of 17.04.1998, the Military Industry Directorate - MoD was transformed into a Sole Stock Company with 100% state property in the company TEREM EAD.
During the period 2000 - 2020 the company underwent a number of transformations.
At present, “TEREM – HOLDING” EAD has 5 subsidiaries, each with its own history.
“TEREM – Letets” EOOD, Sofia, was established by Order No. 988/22.05.1947 of the Minister of National Defense as an aircraft repair workshop. On October 1, 1965, by Decision No. 528, the base was transferred to the newly established Directorate of "Military Repair Bases and Plants" of the Ministry of National Defense. In 1969 it was renamed to MRZ "Murgash", and since 1992 – to VRZ "Letets". Since 2004, the enterprise has been registered as a commercial company, with the main subject of activity – Carrying out overhaul and medium repair, modernization and extension of the inter-repair life of various types of aviation equipment.
“TEREM - Khan Krum” EOOD, Targovishte, is the successor of the military repair plant "Plant 17" founded in 1966 with the subject of activity – Repair of automobile engines and radio repair, repair of tanks and production of new parts, assemblies and units for the armored vehicles of the Bulgarian Army. In 1969, it was renamed into MZ "Khan Krum".
In 2019, “TEREM – Ovech” EOOD, Provadia was merged with “TEREM - Khan Krum” EOOD, Targovishte.
“TEREM - SHIPYARD FLOTSKI ARSENAL – VARNA” EOOD was founded in 1897 for the construction and repair of ships of the Bulgarian Navy. Since 1959 the shipyard has been located at its present site – on the southern shore of Varna Lake. It has the status of a special purpose port. During its 125 years of existence it has created and accumulated considerable technical and technological experience in ship repair, shipbuilding, reconstruction and modernization of special and civil vessels.
“TEREM – Ivaylo” EOOD, Veliko Tarnovo has been working as a military repair plant since 1953. The company specializes in the following areas – repair, modernization and transformation of armaments and equipment and utilization of weapons, ammunition and pyrotechnic articles.
“TEREM - Tsar Samuil” EOOD, Kostenets began its production in 1928 with the establishment of a military section for storage of shells and ammunition in the vicinity of the town. After many years of development and expansion, in 1992 it became a factory for military repair works, and since 1998 it has been part of “TEREM” EAD. The plant specializes in the manufacture and repair of special products, the production of smoke grenades and smoke bombs, industrial explosives, a range of two-wheeled hand trucks.
Nowadays “TEREM – HOLDING” EAD is a leader in carrying out high-quality repairs, production, modernization, and logistical support of equipment and weapons in the field of the defense industry. The company is the only one in the country that has the necessary manufacturing facilities and the qualified personnel available for the implementation of its objectives.