The company is the successor of the aircraft workshop in Bozhurishte – the first aircraft repair enterprise in Bulgaria, founded in 1919. The history of establishment and development of the plant is connected with the development of Bulgarian aviation and Bulgarian air force. By 1930, there was made the construction of airplanes DAR-3, DAR-4, DAR-5 and DAR-10, but the engines were supplied from abroad.
In 1947, an aircraft repair workshop was established under a ministerial order. Pursuant to it, on January 31, 1949, the status of the workshop was declared by an Order of the Air Force Commander. In 1954, by Order of the Air Force Commander, the Vrazhdebna and Bozhurishte aircraft workshops were merged, retaining the one at Vrazhdebna and disbanding the other at Bozhurishte.
In accordance with the Ministerial Order of 1965, the Aircraft Repair Base (sub. 25,460) passed into the Directorate of Military Repair Bases and Plants. In 1969, it was renamed to MRZ "Murgash".
Since 1992, the plant has gone through a series of name and status changes:
The company became acquainted with the repair of aircraft components by order of civil airlines. So far, the repair of components of Yak - 42, Yak - 18T, An - 12, Tu - 154, L - 410, An - 24, An - 26, "Vilga" and "Zlin - 42" aircraft has been mastered.
Along with the CRR (capital reconditioning repair) of the aircraft, the company also carries out modifications and retrofitting in order to use some aircraft for scientific research and other purposes.
During the period 1968 - 1995 the plant produced a wide range of piping for tanks T-54, T-55, T-55A, version 6, version 2C1, version 1300, etc.
There were produced nomenclatures of equipment for civil defense shelters.
In 1963, an engine test station was put into operation within the plant; in 1983, a new wing of the mechanical workshop was put into operation, thus creating the conditions to expand the volume of pipeline production; in 1989, a 5,000 m² hangar was put into operation, allowing the concentration of a large part of the repair activity there.
“TEREM – Letets” EOOD, together with the Bulgarian company Aircraft Construction Service (ACS), assembles the SKYLEADER 600 aircraft. The ultralight two-seater aircraft costs as much as a luxury car – between 150 and BGN 300,000. It runs on A95 petrol and can cover the distance between Sofia and Varna in less than 2 hours. It is made under the license of the Czech aviation company Jihlavan Airplanes. It supplies the parts for the aircraft that is assembled in our country. The aircraft is built in the aviation plant of Jihlavan Airplanes in the Czech Republic.
The SKYLEADER 600 was certified in the USA in 2013. It is also sold successfully in Russia. It has a tricycle landing gear and is designed primarily for pleasure flying, pilot training or special operations.
The aircraft is manufactured to the highest safety standards for its class. The design and the equipment are adaptable, and simple repair procedures are low operating cost. It is designed mainly for recreational flying, and can also perform specialized tasks such as aerial surveillance.
The Skyleader 600 is an all-metal two-seater aircraft. It is designed as a lower wing with a trapezoidal wing and retractable landing gear. Also, as an option, a non-retractable version is available. A ballistic parachute system also helps to ensure crew safety.
A cockpit with color displays by Dynon is available as a basic option, but there is also the option of fitting only conventional fighter pilot-navigation instruments.
The machine is also available with three engine options, manufactured by the Austrian company Rotax – there is the option of fitting the R912UL, R912ULS and R914UL, respectively with outputs of 80, 100 and 115 h.p. The propeller can be two- or three-blade propeller with variable pitch.
The maximum take-off mass is 472 kg with a parachute or 450 kg without it. Cruise speed is up to 230 km/h and stall speed in landing configuration is 56 km/h. The fuel consumption of the variant powered by the R912ULS engine is 18.5 liters per hour in maximum continuous power mode.
The aircraft assembled at “TEREM-Letets” EOOD fly in the air not only in our country, but also in Greece, Poland and Romania.
Since the company's establishment, the following aircraft have been overhauled and repaired:
Aircraft LAZ-7, LAZ-7M, PO-2 – from 1949 to the mid-1950s;
Yak-11 and Yak-33 – from 1955 to the late 1960s;
Aircrafts UMiG-15, MiG-15, MiG-15bis – from 1955 to the late 1960s;
Aircrafts Il-14, Drozd, Dove – from 1959 to early 1970s;
Aircrafts An-2, An-2M and Z-39 – from 1961 to 2016;
Helicopters Mi-4 – from 1965 to 1983;
Aircraft L-29 – from 1970 to 1991;
Helicopter Mi-2 – from 1983 to 1999;
Helicopter Mi-14PL/BT – from 1999 to 2001.
Helicopter Mi-24D/V – from 1990.
Helicopter Mi-17 – since 1995.
Helicopter Mi-8 – since 1997.
In its history it has carried out overhauls of more than 300 aircrafts and more than 70 helicopters of the Bulgarian Air Force, more than 950 repairs of aircraft of the Agricultural Aviation; more than 10 repairs of helicopters of civil aviation companies; more than 3000 repairs of aircraft engines for aircraft and helicopters.