In 1928, by royal decree, on the territory of today's TEREM - Tsar Samuil” EOOD and V.F. 22700 was established a military subdivision for storage of artillery and small arms ammunition. By 1938, the basic infrastructure of the military area was built – roads, ammunition storage facilities, its own railway, a loading and unloading railway junction, and a security system.
Order No. 0028/01.04.1963 divided the ammunition repair and storage base into two individual units:
ammunition repair base;
ammunition storage unit.
By Decree No. 640/08.05.1969, the Repair Base "Septemvriiska Slava" was established on the basis of the territory, the building stock and the production possibilities. This day is considered the birth date of the plant.
By MZ №00210/16.10.1992 the ammunition repair plant was renamed into "Tsar Samuil" and since 1998 into TEREM JSC, Kostenets branch.
Since 2004 the company has been registered as a commercial company – “TEREM – Tsar Samuil” EOOD.
At present, the company is part of “TEREM – HOLDING” EAD with principal the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Bulgaria.